Part-time position open
LIVINGWELL MEDICAL CLINIC
THRIFT STORE CLERK – POSITION DESCRIPTION
The title of this position shall be “Thrift Store Clerk” (Clerk) of the thrift store operated by LivingWell Medical Clinic.
The Clerk shall, under the supervision of the Manager, perform all duties assigned to him/her to ensure the daily smooth operation of the thrift store. This is a working, hands-on position and the Clerk will actively participate in the day to day operations of the thrift store.
The wages and number of hours to be worked are established by the CEO.
This is a permanent part-time position. The hours will be performed in accordance with the hours necessary to perform his/her responsibilities.
The Clerk will be a Christian who has a heart for women experiencing unplanned pregnancies and for this Christian ministry and must be solidly pro-life.
The Clerk needs to have the following qualifications and abilities:
- Set a Godly example
- Ability to communicate well with individuals and the public
- Ability to complete basic bookkeeping functions
- Innovative and creative
- Good organizational skills
- Outgoing personality
- Ability to nurture and motivate volunteers
- Concern for accuracy and detail
- Physically able to move and lift a variety of objects with varying sizes and weights
- Able to lift and carry a minimum of 25 pounds
- Ability to learn and practice standard merchandising procedures
The responsibility of the Clerk is to comply with all Policies and Procedures which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Manager of the thrift store as necessary in the daily operation of the thrift store.
- Maintain accurate cash management and bookkeeping records.
- Assist customers as necessary in selection and purchase of items.
- Report problems / emergencies to the Manager, or in the Manager’s absence to the Assistant Manager. If the Assistant Manager is also unavailable, report to the CEO.
- Under supervision and direction of the Manager, assist customers donating items.
- Under supervision and direction of the Manager, ensure clothing racks are well stocked with quality used clothing, and that stock is rotated monthly.
- Under supervision and direction of the Manager, ensure that non-clothing items are rotated monthly.
- Under supervision and direction of the Manager, ensure that furniture is displayed in an eye-pleasing fashion and that the overall appearance of the thrift store is appealing, neat, and clean.
- Under supervision and direction of the Manager, ensure that all items displayed for sale are clean and in good repair.
- Under supervision and direction of the Manager, maintain the cleanliness of the store and its facilities.
- Under supervision and direction of the Manager, complete daily task lists.
- Receive customer complaints and refer to the Manager or Assistant Manager if the Manager is not available.
The description of the position of the Clerk is subject to change at the discretion of the CEO based upon the overall vision for the thrift store and/or the Clinic.
In meeting his/her responsibilities, the Clerk will adhere to the policies established by the CEO, demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with the Clinic’s Statement of Faith and uphold the Statement of Principle and Employee Moral Commitment.
The Clerk shall work under the authority of and report directly to the Manager.
The Clerk will receive a written evaluation by the Manager at the end of the initial ninety-day trial period and then annually thereafter.