An unexpected pregnancy can leave guys with more questions than answers.
- Is she really pregnant?
- If she is, what now?
- Is it mine?
- Should we tell our parents? And if so when and how?
- Can she have an abortion without my consent?
- What are my legal rights?
- What are the effects of abortion? (To me, to her)
- What’s this going to cost me? (Abortion, Child Support, etc.)
- What about my education?
- What about adoption?
- What does she expect from me?
We’ll help you understand your rights and all the options. We think it’s important that you have access to all the information you need to make an informed decision, so all our services are complimentary, provided by our donors at no charge to you.
Call for your own confidential appointment: 530.272.6800 or text 530.802.0858.
Until you’re able to come in for your appointment, here’s some advice that might help:
- Listen. The situation involves more than just you. There are now three lives to think about.
- Stay Calm. She needs your support now more than ever. She may be carrying the baby, but you are BOTH parents, and regardless of your relationship in the future, that baby needs you, too.
- Talk about it—not only with each other, but prepare to talk with parents and others close to the situation. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
- Gather all the facts. Get all the information and seek wise counsel so you can make the best decision for both of you.
- Express yourself honestly—it’s normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear. But make sure she knows she is not alone. Don’t bail. The more you run from this, the harder it becomes to think and act clearly.
- Don’t pressure her. Applying pressure will only push her away, possibly into a regretful situation. You will do well to work together as a team.
- Don’t forget. You have a very active role in this situation. Listen to input as well as give your thoughts.
Your concerns and decisions are important. Whether you are considering abortion, adoption or parenting, we’ll listen and answer your questions.