LIVINGWELL MEDICAL CLINIC
CLINIC REGISTERED NURSE SONOGRAPHER – POSITION DESCRIPTION
The title of this position is Clinic Registered Nurse Sonographer (CRNS) at LivingWell Medical Clinic (LWMC).
REPORTS TO AND EVALUATED BY
Director of Nursing (DON)
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
As part of LWMC team which provides support and care to the clients/patients, the CRNS maintains professional standards of care in conformity with the Hippocratic Oath. The CRNS works in conjunction with the medical professional team and client advocates assuring that clients/patients are receiving the best medical, nursing, and psychosocial care possible within the scope of our practice.
- Is a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life.
- Agree with and willing to uphold the Statement of Faith, Statement of Principle and policies of LWMC
- Is dependable, stable, and capable of following through on commitments.
- Has a sincere desire to reach out to abortion-vulnerable and abortion-minded women.
- Maintains a consistent life-affirming philosophy and would never refer or advise a woman to have an abortion. (When a situation arises where a woman’s life is at risk, the clinic advocates taking measures to preserve her life, hoping that the woman and child can both be saved.)
- Respects and maintains confidentiality.
- Is appropriately licensed and in good standing.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Has completed limited obstetrical ultrasound training, or willing to be trained. LWMC will pay for the training.
- Provide clients/patients with a standard of care the meets or exceeds best practice standards.
- Assures that the client/patient feels welcome upon her arrival for appointment.
- Performs tasks as directed by DON.
- Reinforces the humanity of the unborn child with the client/patient.
- Provides client/patient education according to LWMC Policies and Procedures.
- Promotes confidentiality with client and sexual partner(s).
- Assures that infection control guidelines are followed.
- Completes necessary client/patient forms.
- Maintains adequate professional liability insurance covering volunteer work at the clinic.
- Provide education and testing for STDs and STIs.
- Administer pregnancy tests.
- Obtain blood and urine specimens.
- Instructs client on obtaining a urine specimen and performs venipuncture if necessary to obtain blood sample with no more than 3 attempts.
- Observes safe handling of specimens and takes all necessary precautions to avoid needle stick injuries.
- Orders specific lab tests on the AFTIS program and packages specimens to lab specifications.
- Provides Client with negative results at the results appointment and provides any further education.
- Assembles necessary equipment and assists the doctors in consultation with the client during a physical examination.
- Assist DON with additional tasks deemed necessary.